1.) Who We Are
- At Audley Travel Group Limited ("Audley") we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We work very hard to keep your information safe. We follow strict security procedures on how personal information is stored and used to help stop any unauthorised person accessing it. We also recognise that it is important for you to understand how we use your personal information.
- We have a legal duty to protect personal information that we collect under the Data Protection Act 1998, (and any law which replaces it, including the new UK Data Protection Bill) (the "DPA") and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, (the “GDPR”) once this becomes applicable from 25th May 2018. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR, we are the data controller (in other words, the organisation that determines how your personal information is used) and are located at New Mill, New Mill Lane, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 9SX. Our contact details are set out in part 10 below.
2.) Personal Information We Collect, HOW WE USE IT and Lawful Basis For Processing information on job applicants
We may collect and use various types of personal information about you if you apply for a job with us. Details of this information, together with an overview of the way that we use it and our lawful bases for the processing in each case are set out below:
When you make an initial enquiry for a particular role
We will collect personal information from you when you make enquiries about job vacancies at Audley, apply for a position with Audley (including through our Careers Website located at www.careers.audleytravel.com) and/or accept a position with and become an employee of Audley.
This may include the following personal information:
- We will collect your title, names and contact information (including postal address, postcode, mobile and alternative telephone numbers, and e-mail address) so that we can provide you with the information that is of interest to you and consider and administer any job applications that you may make.
- We will also ask you whether you would consider relocating if you live more than one hour away from your chosen Audley office.
- We will also ask you whether you hold a full UK driving licence.
- We will also ask you to confirm whether you are authorised to work in the UK or the US, as applicable, on a permanent basis.
- We will ask you why you are applying for a job with Audley, for details of your current salary and for details of your career to date, relevant skills and work experience, together with any additional information that you want to provide to support your application, such as your activities and personal interests.
- We will also ask you to provide us with a covering letter, CV and any other documentation that may be relevant.
We will use this information for our wider recruitment purposes and also to correspond with you in relation to any roles you apply for. We process this information because we have a legitimate interest to use your personal information in this way to make sure that we recruit the right people to join our team.
When you register a general interest in working with us
We also collect some personal information from you if you decide to register your interest in working with us rather than applying for a specific position. This can be done online through registering to be added to our Speculative Applicant Database or alternatively where you contact us with a general enquiry but opt not to be added to our database.
Where you register to be added to our Speculative Applicant Database we may collect and process the following personal information:
- We will collect your title, names and email address, details of your preferred location and a password so you can log into your account.
- We will also collect details about the type of vacancy and the department or function within Audley that you are interested in.
- We will also ask you whether you would consider relocating if you live more than one hour away from your chosen Audley office and whether you are authorised to work in the location you have selected on a permanent basis.
- We will also ask you whether you hold a full UK driving licence.
- We will also collect details of the department or function that you are interested in working with, for example, Country Sales Specialist, Client Support and Concierge, etc.
- We will ask you which kind of job you wish to be considered for, any relevant skills and work experience (including any travel experiences you've had), together with any additional information that you want to provide to support your application, such as your activities and personal interests.
We will use this information for our wider recruitment purposes also to correspond with you in relation to any roles you express an interest in. We process this information because we have a legitimate interest to use your personal information in this way to make sure that we recruit the right people to join our team.
- We will ask you whether you would like to receive emails about relevant jobs when they are posted. We will rely on your consent to send you emails about relevant jobs. You can withdraw your consent at any time by updating your preference on your account.
- If you indicate to us that you do not just want to receive general email alerts of matching jobs, we may ask you certain additional questions and contact you directly about suitable vacancies. We rely on our legitimate interests to process your information in this way to make sure that we recruit the right people to join our team.
As part of our wider recruitment process
We will collect some personal information about you during the wider recruitment process. This may include the following personal information:
- We ask all applicants to complete a short behavioural questionnaire which we use to help us understand your workplace preferences and will collect and process your responses to this questionnaire.
- If we invite you to complete a video application and/or attend telephone and/or face to face interviews for particular positions, we may collect additional personal information about you in the course of such interviews such as information about your work and travel experience and why you are interested in the position that you are applying for. We will make notes about all interviews.
- As part of the interview process we may ask you to complete other various tests, including psychometric tests provided by third party recruitment or assessment specialists and will record and process the results of such tests.
- We will record any correspondence we have with you during the recruitment process.
We will use this information for our wider recruitment purposes and to comply with applicable legal requirements and codes of practice regarding recruitment (including, for example, equal opportunities legislation). We process this information because we have a legitimate interest to use your personal information in this way to make sure that we recruit the right people to join our team.
When you access our Careers Website
We will collect and use certain technical information about you and your visit when you visit our Careers Website. This may include the following personal information:
- the internet domain from which you access the Careers Website, your internet protocol address, your browser type and version (e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer), the operating system and platform that you are using (e.g. Windows or Mac), the screen resolution of your device, the dates and times when you access the Website, the full URLs of the pages you visit and the websites or links that you use to access the Careers Website, login information, details of products or services that are viewed and the length of visits to certain pages of the Careers Website.
We use this information for site management and security purposes (such as troubleshooting and testing). We collect this information so we can fulfil our legitimate interests as a business to ensure that our website is secure and fit for purpose.
3.) How We Share Personal Information
In order to make sure that we run our business efficiently, we will need to share our job applicants’ personal information, from time to time, as necessary, with the following third parties:
Members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding companies and their subsidiaries, since members of our group provide some services on our behalf.
Selected trusted third party business partners and service providers to help us during the recruitment process (such as the businesses we partner with to help us assess applicant suitability to a certain role).
We do not share your personal information with third parties for them to use for the purposes of sending you marketing information or for those third parties to use your information for their own purposes.
4.) Automated Decisions and Profiling
As explained above, we use online assessment tools and psychometric tests to help us identify the best candidates for certain roles. Aside from this we do not make automated decisions about you or profile you based on your personal information and for clarity, we do not use automated methods solely, this will always be subject to human oversight.
5.) Where We Transfer and Store Personal Information
In most instances, the personal information that we collect from our job applicants will not be transferred to destinations outside the European Economic Area. However, where you are applying for a role in our US office, we will need to transfer your personal information to our US entity (Audley Travel US, Inc.) in order to process your application since it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that we recruit the right individuals and in the context of assessing, at your request, whether or not you are suitable for a role in our US team.
6.) Security of Your Personal Information
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put physical, technical, operational and administrative strategies, controls and measures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure as required by law and in accordance with accepted good industry practice. We will always keep these under review to make sure that the measures we have implemented remain appropriate
7.) Retention of Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for limited and appropriate periods of time only and the applicable retention periods will always be linked to our purposes for processing your personal information. This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of personal information. For example, some information will be kept for a number of years in order to comply with various legal obligations.
If you apply for a role but you are unsuccessful, we will keep your CV and other personal information for a period of four weeks after our most recent communication with you. If you need more information on this, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
8.) Your Rights in Your Personal Information
Access: We will confirm to you whether or not we are processing and using personal information about you, at your request and, if so, provide you with access to and a copy of such personal information and the other details to which you are entitled.
Rectification: We will correct any inaccurate personal information and complete any incomplete personal information (including by providing a supplementary statement) that we hold about you.
Prevention of processing likely to cause damage or distress: We will respect your right to require us to cease or not to begin processing your personal information for a specific purpose, or in a specific way, that is likely to cause you or any third parties unwarranted damage or distress.
Erasure: We will erase your personal information at your request without undue delay where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it.
Restriction: We will restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, if you ask us to do so.
Data portability: We will provide you or third parties on your behalf with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
Objection (including objection to direct marketing): We will respect your general rights to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including for direct marketing purposes.
Automated decisions and profiling: Aside from as outlined in section 4 above, we do not make automated decisions or profile you based on your data. If we undertake any new practices of this nature we will always inform you, give you the right to contest the decision and ask for human oversight, and where necessary as required by applicable laws, we will seek your explicit consent before doing so.
11.) Contact and Complaints