Audley Travel is hiring a new Travel Sales Specialist- a dream job for those who are inspired by travel and obsessed with customer experience!
Audley is a passionate, vibrant company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys throughout Asia, Africa, South America and other destinations around the world. We’re one of the UK's most highly regarded travel companies, with over 20,000 travelers a year and the recipient of multiple awards. The ethos of Audley is to provide our clients with exceptional customer service and a trip which surpasses their expectations. As a result, they return to us year after year and recommend us to others.
About the Job
The heart of our business has always been our Travel Sales Specialists. These individuals have or will travel to one or more of our regions and can demonstrate a wide variety of country knowledge and an infectious passion for what they have experienced. As a part of your training, you’ll embark on the trip of a lifetime for 2-4 weeks in some of the most AMAZING destinations across the world (we call it the familiarization trip, or FAM). Right now, our new hires are in Thailand, Vietnam, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and New Zealand! You’ll use your own trip to get to know first-hand the best guides, food, lodging and local secrets in your specialist countries and use this knowledge to create custom vacations. This is an invaluable perk of the job! 😊
See more about life at Audley: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/audley-travel_life-at-audley-activity-6990684820158713856-klsv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
- Above all, to plan the trip of a lifetime for our clients
- Hitting monthly sales targets
- Engaging with potential clients and helping them to understand Audley’s services
- Designing completely customized itineraries for our clients while prioritizing customer safety and happiness. You are responsible for the client relationships from the moment they contact Audley to when they return home from their travels!
- Booking and liaising with hotels, tour operators, and airlines
- Communicating quickly and effectively with clients and colleagues
- Saturday shift once per month (You will be given a weekday off the week before or after, and you will have notice MONTHS in advance. This can be done from home and will typically be 10am-6pm)
- One shift per week from 11:30am-8pm.
- Must be willing to travel 2-4 weeks to your assigned country as part of your training
- Must have a valid passport or travel documents to allow for travel outside of the US upon your start
- Must be passionate about encouraging others to see the world!
- Customer service & sales skills (priority will be given to those with prior sales experience)
- A keen eye for detail (this job entails extensive administrative work)
- STRONG communication skills (verbal and written communication, active listening, collaboration, etc.)
- Strong prioritization, organization, and time-management skills.
- You must be happy to educate clients on their destinations, and to answer any questions about their itineraries!
You’ll spend one to two days per week in our beautiful Boston, MA office located in the North End!
- $47,250 base + commission (typically $800-1200/month after training, OTE for year 2 is $65-70k total)
- 90-100% coverage of insurance premiums
- 10 paid holidays + your birthday off!
- 1 day off to volunteer!
- Generous PTO policy (20 days to start, with anniversary-tied increases)
- Flexible hybrid working options (1 day/week on-site)
- 2 to 4-week trips in dream destinations as a part of your training (see #theaudleyway on Instagram to check out our current travelers’ experiences!)
- Opportunities for additional travel
- Friends & Family discounts on our luxury travel services!
- Working with a fun-loving, high-performing, and spirited team 😊
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.