This role can be based out of either the Witney office in Oxfordshire or the Shepherd's Bush office in London - however we offer a hybrid approach of working with a mixture of home-working and office-working.
Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide meaningful travel experiences. Our employees are passionate about travel and exploring other cultures. This year, we are proud to be celebrating 25 years of travel. Take a look at our video below to get a real taste of who we are and what we love doing:
As a Solution Architect, you will work closely with Audley’s development and engineering teams to design and deliver solutions which are aligned to the overall Enterprise Architecture. Solution design and architecture will span across Applications, Integration, Data and Infrastructure.
The role will form part of the governance and review process assisting colleagues by creating/providing policies and patterns which will help inform the design and development processes within Audley.
Key responsibilities include:
Assist in developing Audley’s Technology Strategy by developing roadmaps, diagrams and artefacts that feed into the overall strategy.
Architecture & Design
- Create high level solution designs for projects and review the realisation of these with development and engineering teams.
- Initiate and conduct regular design review sessions with relevant teams, ensure low level design and delivery is as per solution design.
- Input into and adoption of architectural policies, patterns and standards.
- Maintain applicable Architecture Building Blocks and catalogues and ensure that other appropriate parties are updating and maintaining the documentation.
- Input and use of appropriate templates for teams to document their designs in a consistent fashion and ensuring that knowledge sharing is performed.
- Input into solution roadmaps and work with the business to define and agree implementation approaches for these roadmaps.
- Work with technical specialists to incorporate all domains and technical aspects into designs.
- Raise appropriate risks and maintain technical debt register.
Vendor, Partner and Contract Management
- Assist the Enterprise Architect with technical due diligence on new technology acquisitions.
- Assist in reviewing existing supplier offerings and where they fit on Audley strategic roadmaps
You have development experience or background within the Microsoft stack or Salesforce, however languages such as Java and C++ will be considered.
You will have a proven track record of delivery and working across all technology domains.
Additional experience required:
- Development experience across Business Applications and ideally Integration and Data
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Commercial understanding
- Track record of technology change delivery
- Innovation for business outcomes
- Good understanding of applying security by design principles and patterns
- Data and Business process modelling desired
What you’ll get in return
- Holiday – 25 days rising to 30 with length of service
- A day off for your birthday
- Smart Working – This provides the opportunity for all of our employees to have more choice and flexibility when it comes to deciding where, when and how we work within the UK
- Healthshield health cash plan
- PERKS Benefits Platform – access to discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Discounted Audley trips and access to staff travel discount websites
- Sabbatical leave
- Enhanced family leave
- Long service awards
We believe it's our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.