Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide meaningful travel experiences. Our employees are passionate about travel and exploring other cultures. In 2021, we proudly celebrated serving our travel clients for 25 years. Take a look at our video below to get a real taste of who we are and what we love doing:
We offer flexibility through hybrid working where you can split your time between one of our wonderful offices and remotely from home or elsewhere in the UK. As a minimum we ask that our employees join us in an office for at least 20% of the time, but we see the value in spending time with peers and therefore encourage employees to do more than this where possible, especially during their initial few months in the role.
As part of the Concierge team, you’ll demonstrate your passion for travel by sharing your knowledge of the destinations Audley Travel offers with our clients. This is a customer service role involving both inbound and outbound calls to clients who have made an initial enquiry or brochure request. The role provides an opportunity to develop both sales and influencing skills by recommending the most appropriate destination for our clients, and communicating the value of booking with us; creating advocacy for the Audley brand and our way of working from the outset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for brochure enquiries, establish client preferences and requirements for their trip before passing them to the sales team who will be responsible for building an itinerary and converting the enquiry into a booking
- For vague enquiries, use your own knowledge to recommend suitable options for your client that show you have listened to their requirements
- Supporting spikes in demand in the sales programmes by qualifying leads
- Ensure a high level of enquiry conversion through excellence in product knowledge, sales techniques, the quality of your interactions with clients, your level of service and your passion for Audley Travel and what we offer
You will have a true passion for travel and a desire to share this with our clients. You are also a committed team player with a desire to work to the highest of standards and continue to develop your travel knowledge and sales skills. Prior experience working in a customer service environment, delivering high levels of service either face to face or via telephone is desirable.
Additional skills required:
- Passion for travel, demonstrated either through direct travel experience or related studies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An active listener and influencer
- Self-motivated with the drive to succeed
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- MS Office skills and familiarity with databases
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Holiday – 25 days rising to 30 with length of service
- A day off for your birthday
- A day off for volunteering to support a charity, local support group, community work of your choice, or Audley’s Charity of the Year
- Smart Working – This provides the opportunity for all of our employees to have more choice and flexibility when it comes to deciding where, when and how we work within the UK
- Healthshield health cash plan
- PERKS Benefits Platform – access to discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Discounted Audley trips and access to staff travel discount websites
- Sabbatical leave
- Enhanced family leave
- Long service awards
We believe it's our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.