Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide an unforgettable experience.
Undeniably, the past 18 months have been challenging times for the travel industry, however Audley Travel is proud to be entering the upward trajectory of our recovery. Being backed by Investors, we have a growth mindset which is always looking at ensuring that the longevity and success of Audley Travel’s future continues. We are proud to have recently completed a significant upgrade to our technology systems and we continue to invest heavily in our future. As we are now starting to focus towards returning to our pre-pandemic growth phase, we are recruiting to meet the needs of our clients and support teams.
Everyone you work with here is passionate about travel and exploring other cultures! Beyond that, you will be surrounded by supportive, success-driven individuals. We work to create a fun and competitive environment and pride ourselves on recognising top performers. Each team here works collaboratively with one another, as we are each other’s biggest resource. And in 2021, we turned 25!!! Check out the video below to get a real taste of who we are and what we love doing:
The Audley Way is our core process for selling and servicing that differentiates Audley Travel. This process is supported by a core system, called Quest, comprising Salesforce.com, Kaptio and integrations to other applications such as commissions, finance, printing, travel service providers etc. The Salesforce Development Team develops, maintains, operates and supports Salesforce capabilities, Managed Packages and integrations. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for defining and driving adoption of Salesforce best practice development approach, software architecture, software development lifecycle and management of data and drive continuous improvement of the engineering practices. The Salesforce Developer will develop new Quest features, support diagnosis of support incidents and remediation of defects and will work closely with functional leaders, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Architects to identify and develop new business processes solutions.
Key responsibilities include;
- To take part in all aspects of the software development life cycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Working closely with the Technical leads, Business Analysts Architects and Test/QA to coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of Salesforce & Kaptio development requests. Development requests can cover liaison with Kaptio for product enhancements, Salesforce Apex development, Salesforce and Kaptio configuration, integrations via APIs, reports and dashboards, monitors and operations automation.
- Maintain and develop Salesforce and Kaptio skills to support product releases and the broader adoption of the platform.
- Complete internal system audits and prepare for product upgrades.
- Ensure that the database is well maintained so users can make the best use of its functionality. Interpret data requirements and advise on the use of data and the production of reports.
- Provide diagnostic skills to identify root causes and remediation as part of 3rd line support for Salesforce & Kaptio related issues according to the Incident Management process.
- Operational improvements e.g. Investing in automation, removing root causes, ways-of-working / retrospectives.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team with a good understanding and support of everyone’s needs to achieve the outcome.
- Be curious and have a thirst for knowledge of new capabilities, ways-of-working and continuous improvement, willingness to learn & self-development.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize simultaneous requests, understand scope of the work & managing to the time and communicate effectively laterally and upwards.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Personality: Take responsibility, be accountable, attention to detail, perform consistently, ability to anticipate problems, thinking of bigger picture.
- Working experience on integrations using REST and SOAP API’s (point-to-point & using middleware) & also with third party applications.
- Strong coding skills across Apex and visualforce.
- Troubleshooting: debug logs, Apex exceptions, platform limits, RCA, security & integration issues
- Salesforce Platform knowledge: capabilities, limitations, best practices, governance & be an expert, current
- Functional knowledge of Service Cloud e.g. Cases, tasks, SLAs, CRM.
- Competency in the Agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge with CI/CD environments & tools.
- Working knowledge of environment, release, deployment management and version control.
- Operational improvements e.g. investing in automation, removing root causes, ways-of-working / retrospectives.
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201) certified.
- Salesforce Developer certified.
- Integrations: O365 - emails / outlook.
o DX model
o Azure DevOps Boards
- Salesforce Admin Advanced (ADM211) preferred
- Service Cloud certifications (CRT261) preferred
- Exposure to marketing cloud & communities.
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Keeping all of our employees safe is our first priority, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Over the last 18 months, we have been working 100% remote in line with Government guidelines and are pleased to be fully reopening and returning to our amazing offices from 1st October, which we have missed a lot! In the meantime, all interviews will continue to be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
We know that work life balance is key, which is why Audley embraces a ‘Smart working’ culture. This allows all of our employees to have more choice and flexibility when it comes to deciding where, when and how we work, including the opportunity to work elsewhere up to 80% of the time.