Undeniably, the past 18 months have been challenging times for the travel industry, however Audley are proud to be entering the upward trajectory of our recovery. Being private equity backed, we have a growth mindset which is always looking at ensuring that the longevity and success of Audley’s future continues. We are proud to have recently completed a significant upgrade to our technology systems and we continue to invest heavily in our future.
As we are now starting to focus towards returning to our pre-pandemic growth phase, we are now recruiting to meet the needs of our clients and support teams. Audley are the leading tailor-made travel specialist company in the industry. Whilst many things have changed globally during the pandemic, Audley’s award winning service has remained the forefront of our business which is down to our amazing people.
Audley Travel is one of the world's leading tailor-made travel businesses with operations in the UK and North America. Although like many industries travel faces much disruption, Audley is uniquely positioned to continue it's stellar track record of growth when travel once again returns. We are undertaking a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in technology and the role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team and be based in either the Witney office, Oxfordshire or the Shepherd's Bush office in London.
The Audley Way is our core process for selling and servicing that differentiates Audley Travel. This process is supported by a core system, called Quest, comprising Salesforce.com, Kaptio and integrations to other applications such as commissions, finance, printing, travel service providers etc.
The Salesforce Development Team develops, maintains, operates and supports Salesforce capabilities, Managed Packages and integrations.
The Lead Salesforce Developer will be responsible for defining and driving adoption of Salesforce best practice development approach, software architecture, software development lifecycle and management of data and drive continuous improvement of the engineering practices.
The Lead Salesforce Developer will develop new Quest features, support diagnosis of support incidents and remediation of defects and will work closely with functional leaders, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Architects to identify and develop new business processes solutions.
- To take part in all aspects of the software development life cycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Working closely with the Technical leads, Business Analysts Architects and Test/QA to coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of Salesforce & Kaptio development requests. Development requests can cover liaison with Kaptio for product enhancements, Salesforce Apex development, Salesforce and Kaptio configuration, integrations via APIs, reports and dashboards, monitors and operations automation.
- Maintain and develop Salesforce and Kaptio skills to support product releases and the broader adoption of the platform.
- Complete internal system audits and prepare for product upgrades.
- Ensure that the database is well maintained so users can make the best use of its functionality. Interpret data requirements and advise on the use of data and the production of reports.
- Provide diagnostic skills to identify root causes and remediation as part of 3rd line support for Salesforce & Kaptio related issues according to the Incident Management process.
- Operational improvements e.g. Investing in automation, removing root causes, ways-of-working / retrospectives.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team with a good understanding and support of everyone’s needs to achieve the outcome.
- Be curious and have a thirst for knowledge of new capabilities, ways-of-working and continuous improvement, willingness to learn & self-development.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize simultaneous requests, understand scope of the work & managing to the time and communicate effectively laterally and upwards.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Personality: Take responsibility, be accountable, attention to detail, perform consistently, ability to anticipate problems, thinking of bigger picture.
- Working experience on integrations using REST and SOAP API’s (point-to-point & using middleware) & also with third party applications.
- Strong coding skills across Apex and visualforce.
- Troubleshooting: debug logs, Apex exceptions, platform limits, RCA, security & integration issues
- Salesforce Platform knowledge: capabilities, limitations, best practices, governance & be an expert, current
- Functional knowledge of Service Cloud e.g. Cases, tasks, SLAs, CRM.
- Competency in the Agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge with CI/CD environments & tools.
- Working knowledge of environment, release, deployment management and version control.
- Operational improvements e.g. investing in automation, removing root causes, ways-of-working / retrospectives.
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201) certified.
- Salesforce Developer certified.
- Integrations: O365 - emails / outlook.
o DX model
o Azure DevOps Boards
- Salesforce Admin Advanced (ADM211) preferred
- Service Cloud certifications (CRT261) preferred
- Exposure to marketing cloud & communities
Salary dependent on experience with great benefits on offer
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Keeping all of our employees safe is our first priority, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are currently working 100% remote and will continue to do so until we feel it’s safe and the Government has given us the go ahead to return to our amazing offices, which we miss…a lot! As a result, all interviews are being conducted via Microsoft Teams and all our new joiners are onboarding remotely.