Audley Travel is one of the world's leading tailor-made travel businesses with operations in the UK and North America. Although like many industries travel faces much disruption, Audley is uniquely positioned to continue its stellar track record of growth when travel once again returns.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology side of the Marketing team. As a Senior Front End Developer you will be responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining front end solutions for Audley Travel’s web properties. This includes the Company’s main website plus client portal sites such as MyAudley, Online Quotes, Honeymoon Gift Service and Online Questionnaires.
Working closely with the UX Designer, Website Designer, and alongside Back End Developers, the Senior Front End Developer will be responsible for delivering high quality, efficient code which conforms to modern web standards.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Management and workflow
- Discuss and agree with the Web Development Manager (and any project stakeholders) the scope of each project/task
- Responsibility for delivering projects to agreed specification and deadlines
- Ensure smooth running of each project by contributing to regular catch-up meetings with the UX Designer, Website Designer and development team
- Keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met
- Follow agile best practices using a sprint approach
Design and development
- Planning at the outset of each project to agree timescales and deliverables
- Responsibility for the adherence to agreed web standards and best practice
- Ensure that the projects we produce work on the agreed devices and agreed browser versions
- Ensure that user acceptance testing is carried out and any changes from feedback are implemented
- Responsibility for client-side website performance using tools such as Lighthouse
- Ensure the site is technically optimised
- Make suggestions as to how the Audley websites can be improved functionally and technically
- Ensure that the user experience design is implemented as per the agreed wireframes to achieve website goals
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of front end development
- Experience of setting and coding to front end development standards
- Experience of CMS and building large scale web solutions
- Experience or knowledge of version control systems (preferably GIT) and team workflows
- Ability to break complex projects down into achievable tasks to reach the project goals
- Confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear-minded
- Keen interest in the latest front end development techniques and frameworks
- High level of attention to detail and a passion for delivering outstanding work considering accessibility, usability, performance and creating the overall end user experience
- Demonstrates behaviours and attitudes which are exemplary to the rest of the team/office
- Embodies the Audley values of being positive, being the difference, being one team and being passionate about travel
- Have a passion for self-development and to proactively improve knowledge and learn from experiences
- A strong team player who is comfortable working independently but also share ideas and adopt best practices
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills across multiple stakeholder groups
Web Development Skills
- Experience of AMP HTML implementation
- Experience of front end website performance optimisation using tools such as Lighthouse
- Experience of solution setup and automated front end build processes using tools such as Gulp
Project Management Skills
- You will be expected to manage complex projects with input from multiple developers/content editors
Salary is dependent on experience.
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Keeping all of our employees safe is our first priority, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are currently working 100% remote and will continue to do so until we feel it’s safe and the Government has given us the go ahead to return to our amazing offices, which we miss…a lot! As a result, all interviews are being conducted via Microsoft Teams and all our new joiners are onboarding remotely.