Audley Travel is one of the world's leading tailor-made travel businesses with operations in the UK and North America. Although like many industries travel faces much disruption, Audley is uniquely positioned to continue it's stellar track record of growth when travel once again returns. We are undertaking a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in technology and the role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team and be based in either the Witney office, Oxfordshire or the Shepherd's Bush office in London.
- The Audley Way is our core process for selling and servicing that differentiates Audley Travel. This process is supported by a core system, called Quest, comprising Salesforce.com, Kaptio and integrations to other applications such as commissions, finance, printing, travel service providers etc.
- The Salesforce Development Team develops, maintains, operates and supports Salesforce capabilities, Managed Packages and integrations.
- The Lead Salesforce Developer will be responsible for defining and driving adoption of Salesforce best practice development approach, software architecture, software development lifecycle and management of data and drive continuous improvement of the engineering practices.
- The Lead Salesforce Developer will develop new Quest features, support diagnosis of support incidents and remediation of defects and will work closely with functional leaders, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Architects to identify and develop new business processes solutions.
- To take a lead in all aspects of the software development life cycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Establish best practices for Salesforce development, review the teams development practice against the standards, architectures and designs.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Working closely with the Product Owners, Business Analysts Architects and Test/QA to coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of Salesforce & Kaptio development requests. Development requests can cover liaison with Kaptio for product enhancements, Salesforce Apex development, Salesforce and Kaptio configuration, integrations via APIs, reports and dashboards, monitors and operations automation.
- Maintain and develop Salesforce and Kaptio skills to support product releases and the broader adoption of the platform and be recognised as a subject matter expert. Assist in growing the Salesforce skill set across the organization. Help mentor and develop the team alongside your own work.
- Ensure that the database is well maintained so users can make the best use of its functionality. Interpret data requirements and advise on the use of data and the production of reports.
- Provide diagnostic skills to identify root causes and remediation as part of 3rd line support for Salesforce & Kaptio related issues according to the Incident Management process.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team with a good understanding and support of everyone’s needs to achieve the outcome.
- Be curious and have a thirst for knowledge of new capabilities, ways-of-working and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize simultaneous requests, and communicate effectively laterally and upwards.
- Competency in the Agile development methodology
- Experience in effort estimation, solution design, prototype (POC), requirements refinement, work planning & execution
- Azure DevOps tool skills to manage repositories (GIT), artefacts, pipelines and plugins to Salesforce.
- Advanced working experience on automated Salesforce deployment & CI/CD tooling, conflict resolutions
- Working experience on integrations using REST and SOAP APIs (point-to-point & using middleware)
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201) certified and Salesforce Developer certified
- Salesforce Admin Advanced (ADM211) preferred
- Service Cloud certifications (CRT261) preferred
- Exposure to marketing cloud & communities
Salary dependent on experience with great benefits on offer
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.