This is a great opportunity where we are looking for a Developer who would like to progress into Solutions Design and then a Solutions Architect role
Audley Travel is one of the world's leading tailor-made travel businesses with operations in the UK and North America. Although travel is currently disrupted, Audley is uniquely positioned to continue its stellar track record of growth when travel once again returns. We are undertaking a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in Technology, and the role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team.
What the role will involve:
- Working closely with Audley’s development and engineering teams to design and deliver solutions which are aligned to the overall Enterprise Architecture
- Solution design and architecture deliverables will span across Applications, Integration, Data and Infrastructure. In depth knowledge and experience is not required within all 4 domains
- The role will be part of the governance and review process assisting colleagues by creating/providing policies and patterns which will help inform the design and development processes within Audley
- The role will also be part of designing and ensuring the Audley strategic roadmap and all architectural standards for the organisation
- The role uses the overall Enterprise Architecture approach together with technology trends/direction, industry insight and business understanding to create solution approaches, architecture definitions and solution designs
- Assist in developing Audley’s Technology Strategy by developing roadmaps, diagrams and artefacts that feed into the overall strategy
- Create high level solution designs for projects and review the realisation of these with development and engineering teams
- Initiate and conduct regular design review sessions with relevant teams, ensure low level design and delivery is as per solution design
- Input into and adoption of architectural policies, patterns and standards
- Maintain applicable Architecture Building Blocks and catalogues and ensure that other appropriate parties are updating and maintaining the documentation
- Input and use of appropriate templates for teams to document their designs in a consistent fashion and ensuring that knowledge sharing is performed
- Input into solution roadmaps and work with the business to define and agree implementation approaches for these roadmaps
- Work with information security architect and other technical specialists to incorporate all domains and technical aspects into designs
- Raise appropriate risks and maintain technical debt register which are regularly reviewed by TDA
- Assist the Enterprise Architect with technical due diligence on new technology contracts
- Assist in reviewing existing supplier offerings and where they fit on Audley strategic roadmaps
- Development experience of the Microsoft stack. NET, C# , SQL & Azure would be desirable but other languages can also be considered such as Java and C++
- Proven track record of delivery and working across all technology domains.
- Development experience across Business Applications and ideally Integration and Data
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Commercial understanding
- Track record of technology change delivery
- Innovation for business outcomes
- Good understanding of applying security by design principles and patterns
- Embodies the Audley values of being positive, being the difference, being one team and being passionate about travel
- Previous experience of working within the Salesforce platform
- Previous experience of working with message or event driven services
- Data and Business process modelling
Salary dependent on experience with great benefits on offer.
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.