We are looking for a Despatch Assistant to help provide an efficient postal & despatch service at our London office, for 6 weeks across the busy Christmas period and the first month of 2020. You will need to be available to start by Monday 9th December and be able to work across the Christmas and New Years weeks (not Bank Holidays or weekends)
- Open and distribute all incoming post.
- Receive and log deliveries and notify the relevant person of their arrival.
- Collect brochure stock and ensure shelves are always kept replenished.
- Brochure stock control and order.
- Stationery stock control and order.
- Order stamps.
- Collect post from all departments.
- Log all special delivery post.
- Weigh and log all standard outgoing post.
- Ensure all post is ready on time for collection by Royal Mail deadline daily.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly packing area.
- Arrange courier collections.
- Run brochure request reports throughout the day.
- Pick and pack brochures as per client brochure requests.
- Print and pack all Final Itineraries for sending to clients.
- Any other general administration duties.
- Greet and make refreshments for clients and suppliers upon their arrival.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English.
- Flexible team player and willing to turn hand to any reasonable task.
- Active person who will be working on their feet for the majority of the day.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Previous experience of working with post is desirable although not essential.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Works well as part of a team and on their own.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Logical thinker and problem solver.
- IT skills – basic Word, Excel and experience of working with in-house systems.