Audley Travel is now searching for a Head of Human Resources to join our leadership team in Boston.
Who are we?
Audley Travel is a high growth, private equity owned provider of custom-made travel services to more than 65 countries globally. Our carefully curated experiences, candid advice and level of service including personalized travel packs go above and beyond client expectations. Our North American division was established in 2014, and we are looking to continue to expand our team and continue to take Audley to new heights.
What’s the role?
In this position, you would partner with the President & Managing Director and key Business leaders to drive the delivery of strategic people related initiatives and change programs which support the achievement of business goals and objectives. An integral member of the US leadership team, the Head of HR will build trusted relationships with leaders to coach and empower them to perform their people-related responsibilities. This role will be the main interface between the leaders and the wider HR leadership team and will assist in guiding and supporting the US HR team day to day to deliver a comprehensive, forward thinking and efficient HR service to the business as well as provide strategic insight to the Group HR Team.
Responsibilities would include:
- Work with Group HR Director and HR Leadership team to develop and implement a People Strategy and People plan that is aligned with the long-term business strategy.
- Ensures delivery of the US people plan, partnering with leaders to identify business led solutions that deliver commercial performance.
- Acts as a change agent in managing and delivering organizational change and organizational design
- Work with the Group HR Director to focus on engagement and support cultural change.
- Provide leadership and solutions to senior management on people and organizational issues.
- Partner closely with management in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement.
- Work with the HR Generalist to support managers on various HR matters including employee relations, performance management, employment law compliance and policy interpretation.
- Support the Group HR Director with the annual budget setting process and ongoing control and review.
- Identifies, prioritizes and engages the Group HR team to support in the design and implementation of solutions to improve business performance and provide management coaching on people issues.
- Plays a key role ensuring that the US management team are focusing on Employee engagement (Best Companies) and are proactively addressing the issues and liaise with Internal Communications so that we can communicate progress.
- Takes ownership of allocated HR projects as outlined in the People Strategy/plan.
- Work with the Head of Reward and Policy to oversee the arrangements of employees relocating from the UK to the US on an international assignment and their repatriation to the UK.
- Work closely with the Head of Resourcing and Capacity Planning Manager to ensure they are aware of all internal and external employee movements and support activity as and when required.
- Support the HR Generalist to ensure all leaves of absence (e.g. FMLA, sabbaticals) are processed correctly in line with state and federal legislative requirements.
- Support the Head of Internal Communications and Engagement with the design and planning of the AGM and all monthly communication initiatives.
- Support the Head of Internal Communications and Engagement with the completion, analysis and communication of employee engagement surveys ensuring they are right and fit for the US market.
- Attend the staff forum with the President and Managing Director to ensure it delivers its purpose of informing and engaging with employees on company-wide topics, and the agenda items raised for discussion are relevant.
- Work closely with the Head of People Development to ensure that capability needs of the Business and functions are delivered to drive performance and support the development of key Talent.
- Work closely with the Head of Reward and Policy to deliver annual activities including the annual salary and bonus reviews and support the Benefits Manager to ensure benefits compliance.
If this sounds interesting, we would like you to have:
- Proven and progressive experience in a Senior HR role leading change in a high growth, fast-paced and global company.
- Experience of working in a global matrix structure demonstrating the ability to input at a local level whilst maintaining a global approach.
- Experience of managing, developing and coaching a HR team including talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee communications and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, business administration or psychology.
- SPHR professional certification.
- Up to date knowledge of state and federal HR legislation and benefits compliance.
- Demonstrable experience of executing people related change projects and initiatives.
- Experience of leading significant Organisational design activities.
- Experience of managing, or being part of, an HR project/s through a complete project life-cycle.
- Proven expertise in developing strategic partnerships with senior management and influencing key business decisions.
- Ability to utilize data analytics to inform people plans.
- ADP and Sage experience is a plus
What's in it for you?
We have built a great culture at Audley and we strive to create an environment where people love coming to work every day - proven by our multiple awards. Whilst it's hard work, we have lots of fun and company social and recognition events are commonplace. Personal development is actively encouraged and you are given amazing support along the way. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, bonus and an attractive benefits package.