This position can be based in either London or Oxfordshire.
If you are looking to continue and develop your career within PMO and be involved with an exciting and innovative transformation programme, then we would love to hear from you!
Support the Transformation Director and Group Executive Board (GEB) as Audley makes significant changes to its business.
Ensure that business projects conducted within Audley consistently realise the benefits expected, by establishing and promoting an environment in which project managers can deliver their projects successfully.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Establishment and maintenance of the Audley project portfolio within the Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Delivery assurance for key projects within the portfolio
- Implementing and maintaining project management standards
- Implementing and maintaining project governance
- Training and coaching project managers on Audley’s delivery methods and tools
The role covers all offices and locations, working closely with the Transformation Director, Global Leadership Team (GLT), and with stakeholders from all business functions.
The PMO Analyst plays a crucial role in the change structure providing day-to-day support to the key business projects within the transformation portfolio.
- Support and encourage a culture of delivery
- Establish positive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure engagement and successful delivery of change
- Provide excellent and robust governance across the delivery portfolio
- Ensure that project work is resourced appropriately
- Work with the Finance team and project managers to ensure that project budgets are effectively managed, projects do not overspend, and that benefits are measured and tracked
The accountabilities of the role include:
- Create and maintaining an annual portfolio plan (the LRP), based on the company strategy, and long-range investment plans
- Maintain the demand management process for the company, assessing project proposals
- Provide ad-hoc planning support for projects
- Ensure projects are set-up for success
Delivery and budgetary assurance:
- Confirm that projects are delivering to their committed timescales, budgets, scope and quality
- Review project steering arrangements, to ensure appropriate stakeholder engagement in key projects
- Support monthly reviews of progress against the portfolio with the board
- Ensure the benefits expected from the portfolio of projects are being tracked and reported
- Maintain a consolidated view of risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies for the delivery portfolio, identifying and addressing systemic challenges
Centre of excellence:
- Provide internal consultancy on business projects to project managers, business owners and sponsors
- Maintain the company’s methods and standards for delivery in line with best practice
- Train and coach new project managers, business owners on the methodology and standards
- Assist with the recruitment of project managers when required
- Ability to support major and complex change at pace, resolving problems and overcoming obstacles as required
- Ability to work positively with stakeholders at all levels to support the achievement of business outcomes
- Sound experience of project management methods, standards, of coaching and training project managers
- Experience of working within a matrix structure
- Results-oriented, resilient, and positive with a "can-do" attitude and Strong EQ
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate (both written and oral) to all levels particularly able to present complex subjects or ideas in a simple compelling way and is open to challenge and to be challenged.
- Will be collaborative, respect colleagues, and act pragmatically
- Will be excited about Audley Travel’s business and vision. Will be able to role model Audley values, with a strong passion for travel.
- Proven-track record of leading and developing PMOs.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach, assisting project managers with planning tasks where required and maintaining the project portfolio.
Leadership - Displays the presence required to influence stakeholders at all levels, to deliver results working with a best-practice change management framework.
Governance – the ability to establish and maintain governance structures that define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, aligned with the needs and practices of the organisation.
Flexibility – to be able to support programmes of work, but also to be adaptable, managing specific projects in detail, when required.
Capability development – the ability to understand the maturity of an organisation with respect to project, programme and portfolio management, and to assist the development of those capabilities.
Frameworks and methodologies – the ability to identify, develop, adopt and adapt appropriate frameworks and methodologies to ensure consistent delivery of change initiatives.
Independent assurance – the ability to gather independent evidence that the information on the change initiative is valid, and whether the initiative will achieve its objectives.
Previous experience of project or delivery assurance is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of software planning tools such as MS-Project is essential
- Competence in using Excel for the financial analysis of project business cases, and PowerPoint for presenting information is essential.
- Industry recognised qualifications related to project management and PMOs are desirable (e.g. Prince 2, PPM, MSP, P3O)
- A university degree is desirable