Working in a fantastic and friendly working environment, with offices in Witney - Oxfordshire, Shepherd's Bush - London, and in Boston - the US. Audley Travel take pride in providing tailor made holiday experiences for our customers. We employ circa 750 people across the three offices, and within the role you will be engaging with departments across the Group business - in the UK & US.
Lead a team of 3 responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Group’s monthly financial reporting and year-end financial statements. Support the Financial Reporting Manager and Assistant Controller to maintain an environment of strong accounting and control that keeps pace with the expected growth of the Group.
Undertake and manage Financial Reporting activities with a specific focus on Holding companies and Group reporting.
Lead a team of two accountants (UK Accountant and US Trainee Accountant). Significant interaction with the rest of the Witney finance team (Witney shared service team supporting UK and US business of c20 plus commercial finance teams in UK and US).
Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is the Group’s ERP system.
Working in a finance team that is regularly transforming and improving its systems and processes to deal with business growth, the complexities or a private equity funding model and the challenges of being an international business with payments in multiple foreign currencies.
Significant scope for progression, with this role forming part of the succession planning for both the Financial Reporting Manager and the Assistant Group Financial Controller roles.
- Lead the preparation of monthly consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow reporting for internal management reporting purposes, including undertaking consolidated balance sheet and P&L analytical reviews.
- Prepare annual financial statements for Group entities in accordance with IFRS and support UK and US Accountants with the preparation of financial statements for their respective trading entities.
- Maintain a robust balance sheet working in close collaboration with the AP and payroll teams in particular
- Work closely with the commercial finance and FP&A teams to provide them with robust financial data to support their business partnering and decision making
- Work with the Microsoft Dynamics AX Systems Accounting Manager to identify and deliver system efficiencies and enhancements
- Support the Assistant Group Controller with Group accounting policy development
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager to identify and deliver process efficiencies and enhancements
- Play a key role in supporting the Assistant Group Controller with the year end audit preparation and delivery
- Run and reconcile month end forex revaluations
- Running deferral calculations for commissions, credit cards
- Working with the Financial Reporting team to develop exception reporting resulting in errors being corrected in month
- Review of net finance costs
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
- Practice qualified ACA or ACCA with 3+ years PQE
- Able to deliver confidently and quickly despite changing priorities and take ownership to achieve deadlines
- High standards and attention to detail in all aspects of output.
- High level of drive, commitment and self-motivation
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate across all areas of the business
- Instills a high level of energy and commitment in a team. Drives for success
- Builds and develops relationships with key business stakeholders
- Flexible team player.
- Positively challenge the status quo
- Experience in group multi-currency consolidations as well as external reporting under IFRS
- Strong technical accounting background
- Ability to direct and develop a team of accountants
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- SQL and Power Query skills desirable but not essential
- Experience of Dynamics AX or similar ERP systems
- Strong numerical skills.
- Strong communication skills.