Audley Travel is seeking a new executive in our Boston office to create and drive a partnership-focused growth strategy which will result in substantial inbound consumer traffic (leads) to our sales department for the provision of our expertise-led, highly customized travel planning services.
What’s the role?
As the Business Development & Partnerships Manager, you will look to expand Audley’s market position by understanding our core customer segments and identifying partner businesses which serve similar customer segments whereby we might be able to cross market our services. This is a hunter role, running the entire partnership process from prospecting to the close and contract execution. Accordingly, it will require effective communications at all levels of the organization and with senior professionals in marketing, business development, sales and C-level positions at prospective partner organizations. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to the Audley leadership team and our existing and prospective partners.
Responsibilities would include:
- Engineering a detailed and innovative growth strategy, focused on identifying and prioritizing a range of partnership verticals with access to a high concentration of prospective Audley clients, including but not limited to lead generation affiliates, travel agents, luxury consumer brands, alumni associations, wealth management organizations.
- Prioritizing targets and establishing contact with key decision makers, effectively communicating value proposition of partnering with Audley Travel through conversations and ‘pitch’ presentations.
- Developing term sheets and detailed Partnership Agreements to outline obligations and fee structures which will incentivize long term success for both parties.
- Managing all projects through to completion: create project budgets and timelines, secure approvals to meet key deadlines, and drive a team of cross-functional stakeholders to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Analyzing results of key partner relationships and providing progress updates to senior management.
- Developing relationships with our global suppliers, tourism boards and other partners to negotiate and agree funding and contributions for joint Audley marketing activity (e.g. tactical campaigns, brand campaigns, brochures etc) to achieve agreed revenue goals.
- Maintaining meticulous records of campaigns, projects, budgets and general team agenda items in an exceptionally organized fashion.
- Ensuring that all agreed joint activity is built-in to the overall marketing plan and schedule and that the necessary resource is available to carry out any work within the marketing team.
- Acting as key point of contact between partners and Audley as joint campaigns are developed and executed.
- Supporting partner events and manage partner marketing communications.
If this sounds interesting, we would like you to have:
5+ years of demonstratable experience in a business development and / or partner marketing role.
Confident, resilient and determined.
Excellent communication skills with a proven record in building strong sales relationships.
Self-motivated and results-driven with great networking skills. Highly personable and able to influence people both internally and externally.
Thorough understanding of marketing channels and the Audley brand and marketing strategy.
Existing partnership relationships across the travel sector or with businesses / organizations which serve highly affluent consumers would be ideal but not essential.
- Negotiation and fund-raising:
- Proven track record of securing funding for joint marketing activity across all channels.
- Very strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- A strong understanding of the marketing mix and marketing channels.
- Personal and Communication skills:
- Articulate verbal communicator and influencer who works well cross-functionally and with both internal and external teams/partners.
- Confident in meetings and preparing and giving presentations, from Board level to suppliers.
- Ability to build rapport
- Organization & time management skills:
- Highly organised with excellent project management skills, capable of managing several major projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail at all times including during busy periods.
- IT skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Analytics.
- Generally very IT literate and able to assess and use, with appropriate training if required, a variety of marketing related software.
- Travel industry experience preferred although but essential
- Travel required both domestic and internationally
About Audley Travel US:
Audley connects discerning travellers to a more rewarding travel experience in nearly 80 destinations around the world. Each of our Country Specialists has first-hand knowledge of the best guides, food, lodging, and local secrets in a specific region of the world, having lived or travelled there extensively. This allows them to tailor each journey to a client’s individual travel style and interests. The local knowledge and personalized service creates a streamlined and stress free planning experience.
Our carefully curated experiences, candid advice and level of service including personalized travel packs go above and beyond client expectations
Audley Travel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.