The role of Site Facilities and Maintenance Technician is to help coordinate the building facilities and services within Audley Travel. The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance of tangible assets such as buildings, infrastructure, lighting, furniture and other user-specific equipment and appliances.
The successful applicant will support the Operations Department in the following tasks:
- Property Maintenance
- Real Estate and Property Management
- Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
- Sustainability through renewable initiatives
- Keeping staff safe through health and safety reviews and implementation
- Monitoring, management and maintenance of heating, plumbing and lighting around the office. Additional responsibility for the maintenance of office ‘white goods’ where appropriate.
- General office tasks: Empty toner bins, shredders and binders and support IT with major desk moves and the removal or installation of office furniture.
- In the absence of the kitchen assistant ensure all ‘public’ office areas are presentable including the kitchens (this includes but is not limited to emptying the compost bins)
- Sewage systems – maintenance and regular emptying
- Ensure correct and regular removal of rubbish and recycling on site
- Grounds – a clear idea of the seasonal demands of the office and a proactive approach to the management of resources, materials and time and communication and delegation with appropriate suppliers
- Car Park presentation and order including gravel and usage (Audley staff/clients only)
- Lane: (road condition and markings, signs, hedges etc)
- General appearance: Litter, graffiti, conditions of signage
- Paintwork: Gates, fence posts, metal work, windows and door frames
- Ensure lighting is sufficient and working effectively
- Assist with unloading and coordinating deliveries on site with the necessary departments
- Help organise and provide hands-on assistance in setting up for meetings, events, staff socials and the AGM
- Ad hoc tasks as required and requested by the Operations team (includes but is not limited to collection, set up and removal of the Christmas Tree(s) and lights at Christmas)
- Sign for/ unload and coordinate large deliveries with the necessary departments
Job Location / working hours
- The role is primarily based at the Witney office, however the successful applicant will also be required to travel to the London office on a regular basis. Therefore the applicant must be willing and able to drive a van and be suitably fit to carry reasonable weights where necessary.
- There may be times when additional hours need to be worked or a flexible approach needs to be taken, for example completing noisy / disruptive works out of hours.
- High level of initiative
- A flexible team player
- Displays a positive ‘Can do’ attitude
- Practically minded
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to multi task
- Strong organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Clean driving licence
- Concrete and tarmac work
- Minor electrical wiring – non certificated tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Fencing & Stone work