Planning & Programming
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve our online offering according to the needs of the business and our clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with our agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Ensure developments are deployed efficiently with minimal impact to the business.
Teamwork and communication
- Help the web development manager mentor and improve junior members of the team alongside your own project work.
- Share your knowledge, techniques and findings with the rest of the web development team.
- Liaise with other internal technical teams (e.g. IT and JD Developers) as required to ensure system compatibility.
- Help the web development manager with code reviews.
- ASP.NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
- Cross-device coding / responsive design
Audley Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.